The Architecture and Building Maintenance Unit (A&BMU) is now known as Building Services. In partnership with Mears Building Services offers the following building maintenance services:
• PPM (planned preventative maintenance) which allows the school piece of mind that your statutory inspections and maintenance are being carried out in line with legal requirements and good practice standards
• Response repairs which provide you with the confidence that, should the unexpected occur, a suitably qualified and skilled tradesperson or team will be available and/or on site within an agreed timeframe
• A single point of contact (first response call centre) which gives you support and guidance as well as access to high quality, appropriately specialised tradespeople saving you time, effort and the inconvenience of sourcing a capable contractor
• Maintenance support, advice, inspection and audit checks from skilled and qualified building surveyors / engineers, contract supervisors and cost control officers
• Customer care meetings with your dedicated surveyor to allow you to raise any building related issues, problems, projects, queries, etc. You will be offered a pre agenda self selection list to allow you to set the agenda and to ensure that we send the right person to talk to you. The purpose of these meetings is to find out what works for you and what we need to target in a rolling programme of improvements
• The provision of an updated and audited, school-specific log book containing your school-specific PPM programme, asbestos information and the certificates, reports and recommedations generated following PPM visits. In a single location, the log book holds all the paperwork you need to help you demonstrate compliance with legislation and good practice
• The reporting of identified, recommended remedial work following PPM activity for customer consideration.
VAT Advice, Guidance and Training
VAT is a complex area which presents a serious for all types of businesses. The tax regime has become more complex over recent years and with it the potential for harsher penalties.
This service provides access to advice, guidance and training with regard to VAT legislation affecting schools. We can support you with all aspects of VAT and offer you the peace of mind that you are upto date with your VAT affairs.
Education Safeguarding Service
This service will help to give peace of mind that schools are effectively safeguarding all their children.
The service is delivered by experienced and skilled staff and provides advice, guidance and resources in relation to the following:
• Safeguarding children
• LADO investigations
• The risk management of children with complex needs
• Children at risk of permanent and fixed term exclusion (where there are Safeguarding concerns)
• A range of other education safeguarding matters.
The Education Safeguarding Service provides support to head teachers, senior leaders, governing bodies and designated senior leads(DSLs) to enable them to fulfil all their duties under Section 175 of the Education Act
Tree and Woodland Management Service
This service will help to give peace of mind that trees and woodlands in school and college grounds are effectively managed.
The service is delivered by experienced and highly skilled staff and provides advice, guidance (mainly via site visits) and resources in relation to the following:
• Tree hazard assessments
• Data recording of all tree and woodland assets
• Liaison with school staff and adjacent residents
• The risk management of trees
• Delivery of specialist arboricultural operations
• Emergency response service
You can browse our services below and
when you are ready to buy, simply login.