The Architecture and Building Maintenance Unit (A&BMU) is now known as Building Services. In partnership with Mears Building Services offers the following building maintenance services:
• PPM (planned preventative maintenance) which allows the school piece of mind that your statutory inspections and maintenance are being carried out in line with legal requirements and good practice standards
• Response repairs which provide you with the confidence that, should the unexpected occur, a suitably qualified and skilled tradesperson or team will be available and/or on site within an agreed timeframe
• A single point of contact (first response call centre) which gives you support and guidance as well as access to high quality, appropriately specialised tradespeople saving you time, effort and the inconvenience of sourcing a capable contractor
• Maintenance support, advice, inspection and audit checks from skilled and qualified building surveyors / engineers, contract supervisors and cost control officers
• Customer care meetings with your dedicated surveyor to allow you to raise any building related issues, problems, projects, queries, etc. You will be offered a pre agenda self selection list to allow you to set the agenda and to ensure that we send the right person to talk to you. The purpose of these meetings is to find out what works for you and what we need to target in a rolling programme of improvements
• The provision of an updated and audited, school-specific log book containing your school-specific PPM programme, asbestos information and the certificates, reports and recommedations generated following PPM visits. In a single location, the log book holds all the paperwork you need to help you demonstrate compliance with legislation and good practice
• The reporting of identified, recommended remedial work following PPM activity for customer consideration.
VAT Advice, Guidance and Training
VAT is a complex area which presents a serious for all types of businesses. The tax regime has become more complex over recent years and with it the potential for harsher penalties.
This service provides access to advice, guidance and training with regard to VAT legislation affecting schools. We can support you with all aspects of VAT and offer you the peace of mind that you are upto date with your VAT affairs.
Pest Control Service
Our pest control service aims to ensure that public health and nuisance pests are dealt with efficiently, safely, and on a cost-effective basis, with due regard to the environment.
The service is delivered by experienced, fully qualified officers, all trained to the Royal Society for Public Health / British Pest Control Association standard.
From 'one-off' treatments to 12 month Service Agreements.
Prices subject to requirements and/or site survey.
Radiation Protection Service
The service aims to provide academies with the means of discharging their duties under the the Ionising Radiations Regulations 1999 (IRR99), made under the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974, which came into force on 1 January 2001. They require an employer to ensure that radioactive substances are accounted for, stored properly, handled safely and monitored regularly. The employer must provide employees with appropriate information and instruction in radiation protection to ensure their health and safety. An academy is the radiation employer. The academy can subscribe to Radiation Protection services through the local authority’s membership of the Radiation Protection Advice Service provided by the Health Protection Agency (HPA).
You can browse our services below and
when you are ready to buy, simply login.