Waste & Recycling Services for Schools
We can provide your school with low cost general waste collections and recycling collections, helping you to save money on your waste disposal costs.
General waste collections
• The WBC Trade Waste Framework was developed to enable us to negotiate lower prices by contracting a general waste service for a collective number of sites.
• As part of the WBC Trade Waste Framework you will benefit from low prices for your general waste collections that you wouldn’t be able to get as an independent site. This Framework was re-tendered in 2015 to achieve the best possible price for Framework members.
• The Waste Team manage the contract on your behalf, and any service related issues or changes to service that are reported to us can be resolved quickly and effectively.
• Currently , 63 schools are part of the WBC Trade Waste Framework.
• WBC operate an in-house recycling collection to schools. The co-mingled recycling service collects paper, cardboard, plastic bottles & food trays, glass bottles and jars and Tetra pak food and drinks cartons in a blue recycling bin.
• We have a range of different bin sizes to suit your needs and will work with you to find the most cost-effective recycling solution for your school.
• Currently 72 schools receive the WBC recycling service. If your school doesn’t currently have a recycling bin, please call us for a quote.