The Schools ICT Support Service has proved to be a demonstration of how schools and WBC’s Schools ICT Team work collaboratively in the best interests of our children and responding to the needs of the school. The ICT support service provides a well-established and comprehensive ICT service to Warrington Schools. The Schools ICT Support Team is a LSU (Local Support Unit) for the full suite of CAPITA ES SIMS products
This service is delivered to schools at a time where Local Government budgets have been slashed, adding addition pressure to deliver a quality service with minimum running costs, whilst maintaining to assist schools in providing innovative and cost effective ICT solutions. Our aim is to work collaboratively with all schools to deliver excellence in ICT to assist in improving outcomes for Warrington children.
Services provided with localised knowledge:-
• MIS end user support, technical support, maintenance and upgrades along with training and consultancy of the SIMS software
• ICT Technical support with localised knowledge
• Training & Consultancy Services - the provision of a range of both formal and on-site training and bespoke consultancy packages for schools
• Remote online backup service
• Network Service - support and management of the network including email and web filtering, firewall provision
• Email service - management and support for the use of councils E-mail system
• Project Management & Delivery
• ICT strategy & advice
New for 2016/17 - A review is currently taking place of all solutions to look at innovation and new ways of working. Full details of the Schools ICT Service Improvement Programme will be communicated in the Autumn Term.
For full details of the service including resolution times, please check the link for the full Schools ICT Service Summary.