This session will explore the issue of school complaints
This will include:
- What are the governing body's responsibilities?
- What should a complaints procedure include and what does publishing it mean?
- How much information should governors have about complaints?
- What is the role of the headteacher and what is the role of the governors?
- What are complaints hearings and how should they be conducted?
- What are the potential outcomes of a complaint and what avenues are available for appeals?