Aims of Training:
- To raise awareness of the nature, causes and implications of urinary and faecal incontinence.
- To explore options for managing continence which may be available and appropriate in the care home setting.
- To familiarise staff with collecting the information needed for continence assessments.
Objectives of Training:
- Understand the normal process of ‘elimination’.
- Discuss some of the common causes of incontinence in older people.
- Discuss some of the different ways in which incontinence presents and the importance of recognising these.
- Discuss some ways in which incontinence can be managed and prevented.
Certificate of attendance will be issued to show attendance at training
Please note that in cases of none attendance or late cancellation (within 2 days of the course date) a £25 none attendance fee will be applied. If the course becomes over subscribed, alternative dates may be offered to some delegates where there are multiple attendees from one Care Provider.
For any queries or for information regarding this training please contact the Clinical Skills Training Hub on 01925 442896.
Aimed at Care Home and Domiciliary Care workers, both Clinical and None Clinical.