Objectives for the session include:
- To examine what person centred support is and why it is important within our services
- Identify the legislation that supports acting in a person centred way and how this can be achieved
- To investigate some of the tools used when promoting person centred care
- To identify the importance of building a rapport with service users and taking their preferences into consideration
- To discuss practical ways that you can be person centred in your approach
This course has been developed for all care staff and has been mapped to the requirements of the Care Certificate. The purpose of the course is to promote person centred thinking to ensure the delivery of more effective services. The course will explore the importance of having a person centred approach, where the concept has come from and some of the tools that can support its practice.
Staff in a direct care role.