Objectives for the session include:
- To be able to identify who is affected by the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- To examine the principle of the Act and why it is necessary
- To describe how to assess capacity using the functional test
- To identify the differences between an IMCA, attorneys, deputies and court of protection visitors
- To investigate the application and use of advance decisions
This course has been developed for all care staff who are working within a health and social care setting. The purpose of the course is to provide an introduction to the Act and enable those attending to have a full overview of how this applies to their role. The course will explore each section of the Act in brief and uses case studies to enable learning.
Anyone who requires as basic understanding of the Act as part of their role. This is also delivered as part of the H&SC induction