Due to a number of requests from schools and a successful trial of this service, we are pleased to offer a new service to schools from 2020-2021.
The support service will help your school deal with Data Protection and Freedom of Information queries.
All schools in Warrington are responsible for ensuring that they comply with the requirements of both the Data Protection Act (DPA) 2018 and the Freedom of Information Act (FOI) 2000.
Schools process information in a number of ways to meet statutory requirements and to improve the quality/standard of their provision. Information is shared with the LEA,
examination boards, parents, governors and other bodies. Schools hold information about children and adults and in doing so must follow the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
The Information Governance team providing this service are highly experienced in both the Data Protection Act 2018 (GDPR), Freedom Information Act 2000 and other related legislation.
Schools who purchase this service will receive comprehensive advice and support to help their school to comply with the Data Protection Act 2018 (GDPR), Freedom Information Act 2000 and related legislation.
This service will support your school (especially your Data Protection Officer) to deal with freedom of information requests, data breaches, subject access requests, data protection queries and requirements.
It will also help the school mitigate against any potential action by the Information Commissioners Office.
The service runs from 1st April 2020 to 31st March 2021, and the cost is £300 (early bird discounts are available for purchases between 07/02/20 and 09/03/20).
The following is included:
- 1 year SLA
- Access to a qualified DPO for advice and support via phone and email, from Monday to Friday.
- No limit on the number of times you can contact us.
- 15 minutes included for each query, £5 for every 5 minutes after that (this will be charged on an ad-hoc basis).
- Advice will be provided on subject access requests, freedom of information requests, data breaches, data protection queries and requirements.
- Regular updates, news and alerts regarding the data protection and freedom of information world (e.g. changes in legislation and ICO news).
- On-site support, subject to our availability, can be provided for an additional charge (estimates for this can be provided in advance, based on a rate of £45 an hour).
The Information Governance SLA can be purchased by logging into My School Services > Click on "Services" at top of page > the type "Information Governance" into search bar.
If you have any questions regarding this service please do not hesitate to contact WBC's Information Governance Team via firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 01925 442405/2126.