Arts Award Silver and Bronze Adviser
Dear friends and colleagues
I am running an Arts Award Bronze/Silver training in Kendal on Tuesday 16th July. As you may know, Bronze and Silver are flexible qualifications that recognise young people’s achievements in the arts, whilst developing vital communication, creativity and leadership skills. They are extensively run in main stream secondary/SEN and special schools (many of them Artsmark settings) either during curriculum time or out of hours provision, as well as in arts and cultural organisations, youth groups and special projects. The training is a vibrant and interactive mix of case studies and resources, signposting music hubs and other arts organisations in your area and you will leave with plenty of ideas to get you started. The free follow up support is covered during the day – and all refreshments are included.
Further information is below and a booking form is attached, or book via the link in the form. Do contact me if you have any questions about Arts Award or the session – and please do forward this interested people. Many thanks.
Kind regards, Viv West (Trainer, FRSA) 07796 462434
School Admissions – School Appeal Representation
As recently shared at primary and secondary Headteacher meetings, the school admissions team is now able to offer a school appeal representation service.
When an admission authority is unable to offer a place to a parent/carer who has applied, the right of appeal must be offered.
When a parent/carer chooses to appeal, it is the responsibility of the admission authority to prepare a case setting out the schools current position including detailed information in relation to the school such as:
· The school building and net capacity
· Organisation of classes
· School Characteristics
· Ofsted Inspections
It is also important to reference the statutory requirements which all state funded school must adhere to as well as local school admission policies.
A representative of the school must attend the appeal to present the case and answer any questions which the appellant and independent appeals panel may have.
The school appeal representation service includes the following benefits:
· Background preparation for individual appeal hearings
· Submission of statement of case within the statutory timescales
· Representing the school in person at the independent appeal hearing
· Where appropriate, take legal advice on behalf of the school
· Dealing with complaints/enquiries about the appeals process
· In the case of a complaint to the Education Funding Agency or Local Government Ombudsman, prepare a draft response for admission authority’s approval
The school appeal representation service does not include provision of the following:
· Making arrangements for, or meeting the costs of the independent appeal panel
· Room hire for the appeal
· Clerking services
· Charges for interpreting services
For more information, please contact Catherine Thompson on 01925 442948 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org